Your group needs to focus on one of the ways (at least) in which the film Adaptation violates Hollywood narrative convention. If you can, find a scene int he film that supports your conclusions, and note the time markings (at what minute in the film is your scene found?). Or, capture a still or two, that supports your conclusions.
Here for your reference are the anti-Hollywood narrative conventions (or anti-conventions):
1. Lack of clarity. Multiple, conflicting lines of action, inconsistent characters, extreme degree of character subjectivity.
2. Lack of unity. Broken chain of cause and effect.
3. Open-endedness. Questions are left unanswered or conflicts unresolved.
4. Unconventional characterizations.
• Audience distanced from characters rather than invited to identify with them.
• Characters contemplate or talk about action rather than taking action.
• Character goals are unclear.
•Narrators may be unreliable.
5. Intrusions, direct address to the audience and other devices call attention to narrative as a process.