For your Group Exercise, begin by discussing what you were just writing about (themes in Citizen Kane, and cinematography).
But, unlike the in-class writing assignment, please just concentrate on cinematography is Citizen Kane.
The following are the six aspects of cinematography according to your textbook.
By streaming the film, find as many instances of these six aspects as you can.
- The camera in time: long take, fast motion, slow motion
- The camera in space: height, angle, distance
- Camera movement (pans, tilts, dolly and tracking shots, aerial shots
- Lenses and filters (normal, wide-angle, telephoto)
- Film stock and filters (under- or over-exposed, film stock, color)
- Special effects (during shooting and post-production)